Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Oh Wednesday

This week has been alarmingly quiet at work. I love to have a "slow" day every now and then, but this is getting scary. When people aren't reporting violations and there aren't issues being raised, it normally isn't because things are perfect. Normally, the silence is indicative of a problem. So, for now, we wait for the other shoe to drop. Yikes!

I imagine that today will be pretty quiet for me, therefore, I am ready to go home now and I've just been working an hour! I must say, I am ready to go "home" for Thanksgiving. Joe and Brinkley are going to swing through downtown to pick me up and go to my parents' house around 2:30. My parents pull off a fabulous Thanksgiving feast, and they make it look easy!
But, before I can even think about Turkey Day, I have to make it through today...I have a hair appointment tonight. I'm dying to do something totally different and new with my hair, but everytime I think about it, I remember how much I love a pony tail. I'm stuck between wanting to be daring and sticking with the familiar. I go through this every time I get my hair cut, one of these days I'll be daring, but I don't think today is the day...

In other news, today starts the one week countdown to Cleveland. Transparency moment: On the inside I want to pitch a fit, throw a tantrum, and loudly proclaim that I am not going. On the outside, I'm holding it together for my sweet husband's sake.

No comments: