Thursday, February 19, 2009

2009....Year of the Baby

Not mine....

It seems like this year everyone is having a baby! So many of our friends are having littles this year, I can hardly believe it! In addition to several couples at church, my dear friend Ashley is expecting her second (I'm pulling for another girl) and my brother in law and sister in law are having a little boy in May. We didn't think they would find out the gender, but were pleasantly surprised when we found out about our new nephew before Christmas!
With all of these precious lives getting ready to make their arrival, I have babies on the brain! I love buying baby stuff more than anything. I went in to Gymboree the other day----MISTAKE! I found SO many adorable things to buy! I bought the cutest little baby bathing suit, hat, glasses, and matching blanket for baby Katelyn. We were supposed to have Katelyn's baby shower tonight, but it got postponed by her mom (Cindy's) trip to the hospital. I spent last night cooking for the shower and getting everything prepped. I hate to waste delicious treats, so Joe's co-workers will get to polish them off tomorrow. We're gearing up for baby season here in Houston and can't wait to meet all these itty bitties. I see many baby sitting opportunities in our future!

No comments: