Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baby, It's Hot Outside

I have a love/hate "relationship" with summer. I love the footwear, accessories, pool parties, and longer days. But, I hate the weather that comes with having all of the fun stuff. This year is no different. I always find myself desperately wanting to move this time of year! Apparently we've suffered through the hottest "spring" on record with our heat index climbing over 100 almost every day since mid May. Seriously, it is HOT! This morning (by 5:00) the heat index was already over 90 and its expected to go up over 106. Everyday I'm increasingly thankful that I have an inside job in the AC.

Even with the heat, we're just rollin' along (quite literally in some ways). We are 32 weeks today! The reality that Hadley could be here within the next several weeks is crazy. I have very mixed emotions about it. I'm ready to no longer be pregnant, but I know I'll miss feeling the parties and kickboxing. These episodes are (often) like a secret between Hadley and me. For all the ways I feel ready to see this baby's face, I think of all the ways I'm not prepared for the changes Hadley will bring with her arrival. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm tired and trying to focus on work which is becoming increasingly difficult. Luckily I've been able to keep swimmin' at least 6 days a week. I still love it and miss the days I don't make it to the gym.

The nursery is mostly done (we have a few small touches left). We have a Lamaze class this Saturday and baby showers the next two weekends. Hopefully that will make the rest of July pass quickly and we can get to August!

No comments: