Saturday, March 27, 2010

16 at 16

Baylor had a great sports achievement this year--men's basketball made their first appearance in the Sweet 16! And, if that wasn't enough, the game was in Houston (and both J and I had the day off)!!! I bought tickets last Sunday knowing that we would be able to go to Friday's game, but not Sunday's. Friday morning, we cleaned out the study, ran some errands, had lunch with our youth pastor Josh, and hit the road to Reliant Stadium to see Baylor play some ball. It was GLORIOUS. Luckily, it wasn't a nail biter. I think I would have wet my pants. Baylor definitely showed up to play and scored more points in one game than they did the entire time I was a student (ok, that isn't true, but it sure seems like it is). We had a great time and I'm completely bummed I can't go to the Elite Eight game tomorrow. This was CP's first of many Baylor sporting events. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure I felt a little "bear paw" go up in Sic 'Em Bears fashion. : ) At the very least, I'm sure I disturbed his/her activities with all the yelling and screaming, and CP has been exposed to That Good 'Ol Baylor Line! This morning, I made sure to get to HEB and home in time to see the Lady Bears take on the Vols in the women's Sweet 16. What an amazing upset! That game was more of a nail biter, and I loved it! So proud of our Bears! Sic 'Em in the Elite Eight!




Me and CP at 16 weeks









72 -49 Baylor!



Post Game Victory Shot




No comments: