Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oh Twelve!

This past Thursday was a big day for us, we hit our 12 week mark. It truly seemed like we would never get past that important mark. I have a tiny bit left in my first trimester, but hitting week 12 is always a great sign! CP is not kickin' my tail quite as badly these days, and I feel like my energy may SLOWLY be making an appearance again. I'm sure my husband will be THRILLED to have his wife back. I want to document some things so I'll be sure to remember the good, the bad, and the ugly.

CP- Even though you are still pretty tiny, you have DEFINTELY made your presence known! Over the past 12 weeks, I would have "kung fu-ed" someone if they stood between me and;
Chick Fil A Chikin' Minis
Avocados
Oranges
Apples
Limes with salt on them
Meat/Chicken (it kept my nausea from raging out of control)
Chick Fil A Diet Lemonade
Strawberries
Pasta
Salsa
and of course, cookies, candies, and all those things that are bad for you (Smarties saved my life a few times)!

Things I've wanted to stay away from:
eggs (that is changing these days, thank goodness)
cooking/baking (also changing)
perfume/cologne
toothpaste ---I suck this up because the alternative is bad too
fried foods
and many other things that hit when I catch a whiff of them



While I've been living by a crazy eating and sleeping schedule, you have been growing away.

10 Weeks:
-Each minute your brain produced approximately 250,000 neurons!
-Your brain is now able to make your muscles move on purpose
-Your fingers and toes are lengthening (piano hands???) and are separate digits
-Your external ear if fully developed by now (that way you can hear me sing show tunes on road trips)!
-If you are a boy, you started to produce testosterone this week

11 Weeks:
-You have all your major organ systems and would (medically) no longer be considered an embryo, the Drs. consider you a fetus. We don't operate under that mentality though.
-You've grown to a whopping 2 inches long
-You can yawn and suck
-Your eyelids have fully formed and sealed to protect your eyes
-Your intestines are developing and your kidneys begin to produce urine

12 Weeks:
-By now you are measuring in at 2.5 inches
-Fingernails are growing
-Your skeletal system now has centers of bone formation in most of your bones
-If we could take a peek at you, we would likely be able to see if you are a girl or boy
-The digestive system is capable of producing contractions that push food through the bowels and is able to absorb sugar (I had a lot today, I made cupcakes)
-Your pituitary gland is starting to make hormones.
-The nervous system has further developed
-Apparently you are moving around in there, but I can't feel it yet
-Stimulating you in certain parts may cause you to squint, open your mouth, and move your fingers or toes

After I started getting sick on the bus, I decided to start driving myself to work. It has been an adventure and a blessing. My morning commute has proven to be a time of prayer over you and busting to some jams with you. I may keep driving every day (even though I think I could handle the bus again) just to have this time with you. Just about every morning, this song comes on the radio. If I heard the song at any other time in my life, I probably wouldn't be too crazy about it, but the words reflect the prayers we pray for you

Three in the morning,
And I'm still awake,
So I picked up a pen and a page
And I started writing
Just what I'd say
If we were face to face,
I'd tell you just what you mean to me,
I'd tell you these simple truths
Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say......
Keep growing little one! We love you!
Also, as I'm watching the Olympics, I must tell you, that spandex is not for everyone. In fact, I believe it is really for no one....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love all of the detail...it is so amazing to think of the growth that takes place week by week. I'm praying for you and CP!

Lauren said...

I love this post...I am a sucker for lists and bullets.
Toothpaste did me in too!