Monday, February 8, 2010

9 weeks

I think these may have been the longest weeks of my life. I am always so anxious to get to the next step, I have a hard time remembering to enjoy the moment. I'm anxiously awaiting the 12 week mark. It seems like an eternity, but it will be here soon. Hopefully all of these first trimester symptoms will pass at 12 weeks like they are "supposed" to! Joe has been amazing these past several weeks. He has put up with my food aversions and cravings (I'm pretty sure he starved for a couple of weeks), he runs to the store to get that thing that I HAVE to have, and he is patient when I can't make up my mind on ANYTHING! He keeps the house running these days. Brinkley, CP, and I are all SO blessed!

Here is what little CP is up to these days:

Last Week:
-CP was about 1/2 an inch long from head to bottom.
-Elbows and fingers can be seen
-Can move her trunk and limbs and respond to touch by reflex
-Lungs are developing
-Taste buds formed on the tongue
-Tooth buds for baby teeth are taking shape in the jaw
-Eyelids begin to form

This Week:
-CP is about 3/4 of an inch (about the size of a green olive)
-Weighs a whopping 1/8 of an ounce (funny I feel huge already)!
-The developing ears and nose are visible (CP, we're keeping our fingers crossed that you don't get the Holland "schnauz")
-Pigment is in the retina
-Nipples can now be seen on the chest
-The limbs and fingers are growing rapidly
-Bones in the arms begin to calcify and harden

No wonder we're so tired! I am so amazed how early everything happens and I'm thankful that we have the technology to know such things! The hardest thing is not being able to see CP grow all the time. I want to have an ultrasound each week just to check in on her.

Keep growin' little one!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is so amazing...you keep referring to CP as a her...you don't already know yet do you?!?!

Callie said...

I wish I knew! We won't know until late March or early April. We were shopping in the Galleria on Saturday and I hit ALL the baby stores to look. This guy in Gymboree kept asking if he could help me. I finally looked at him and told him "If you can tell me if I'm having a boy or girl, then you can help me." He says, "uh, no, guess I can't help you." Ha! I'm DYING to know! I'll be surprised if Cocoa Puff is a boy, I don't really know why.

Unknown said...

What an amazing post! I love it!