- We braved Houston's Bridal Extravaganza---totally crazy and something I would NEVER do again!
- I celebrated my 25th birthday on Martin Luther King Day
- Started the hunt for a house.
- Found a house, went to put a contract on the house, had the house sold out from under us
- Were thrilled to find a better house and started to make it officially ours on Valentine's Day!
We celebrated V-Day with a late lunch at Perry's and coming back to the house to sit, stare, and marvel
- Welcomed a new four-legged member into the family....then we watched him grow...
- Celebrated Mom's Birthday
- Closed on our house
- Moved Joe into the house
- Spent time with our family from Alaska with a trip to Galveston
Shopping for Diva shades in Galveston
- Bridal Showers
- Celebrated Joe's 29th Birthday
Birthdays always mean memorable meals at great places!
- I don't remember much from June. Apparently there was a wedding of some sort....
- Survived Hurricane Ike with no damage to our home!
- Road Trip to San Antonio and San Marcos
- Celebrated our first Halloween
We found the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!
- Celebrated Brink's 7th Birthday
- Road trip to Waco with my parents
- Watche our Bears dominate the Aggies!
- Met and visited old college friends
- Celebrated Thanksgiving with my parents and mom's fabulous pecan pie!
- Our second Colt Christmas Party
- Snow day 2008!
- Joe's ER visit
- Joe's first real surgery, followed by a second
Summing up such a big year in our lives in a blog seems impossible. I know there are things that I've forgotten, or things that can not be captured in pictures or words. How in the world do you summarize or capture the dynamics of learning to be a spouse and to share your space, money, time, and energy completely with another person??? We have been abundantly blessed this year. 2009 will be an exciting year for us as well (we're really glad that it doesn't include wedding plans!). One thing we are especially looking forward to this year is when we will welcome a sweet niece or nephew into the world! I know 2009 will hold so much for us- BRING IT ON!