Thursday, November 20, 2008

First Date

Tonight Joe and I are going on our first date, again. Two years ago today we went on our first date, to Starbucks. It was the Monday before Thanksgiving and things were crazy busy. Our center was having a client dinner for all of our pregnant clients (this was in my care net days). I left with PLENTY of time to get there, even to be early... then I hit the traffic back up of the year! I kept calling promising him I was on my way, feeling horrible that I was late (I'm NEVER late), by the time I got there I think he had been there for almost an hour. Since Joe is off work today and tomorrow, we thought we would have dinner at home and drive across town to "our" Starbucks. Neither one of us has been there in the past two years, I hope its still there!

It amazes me how much my life has changed in the past two years. Not long after Joe and I started seeing one another, I left Care Net. I had a couple of jobs before landing the one I've been at for 18 months. We bought a house, got married, and now I am looking at a possible transition into another role at Waste Management within my department. Life is crazy beautiful and definitely keeps us on our toes! I'm wishing I could take today off and just hang out at home, spend time with my hubby before our coffee date tonight. Funny how I'm not nearly as concerned about what I will wear tonight as I was that Monday morning 2 years ago!

No comments: