Thursday, August 19, 2010

Doneski...well, sort of.....

Well, we've made it to 37 weeks! Hadley, you are now considered "term" and should be fine to come any time. So, that being said, we're ready to see you, please come soon!

At our last appointment, Dr. Nisbet confirmed you are head down (we had already figured that one out), and there was "progress." We go back again tomorrow. While I know the numbers don't really mean all that much, because you will do your own thing in your own time, I will cry my eyes out if I haven't progressed since last week! Ha! You started dropping a couple of weeks ago. I remember being so excited because I could fit my hand (sideways) between my sternum and the baby bump. You slowly continued to drop a little at a time. Then, on Monday, I woke up and could fit my hand (from palm to fingertips facing toward the floor) from my sternum down before I could feel you. You were sitting in alignment with where my fingers ended. Basically, I don't know that you can get any lower without deciding to grace us with your presence, and we'll take you!

Overall, I still feel pretty good. I'm getting tired of working, but know if I was home I would be going nutso sitting and waiting. I've cut down on swimming and am only going 4 days a week for about 35 minutes instead of 6 days for 45. I still love swimming laps, but have definitely slowed down! You like to have little parties (that don't feel as cute as they used to since you are bigger and squishing yourself in a smaller space) as soon as I lay down to go to sleep. You also wake up with my alarm and start squirming around. I was hoping you'd have your Dad's sleep habits and not mine, but I don't think I am going to be that lucky! Between your sleep habits, mine, and FREQUENT trips to the bathroom at night, sleep is scarce. I'm starting early these days!

Your room is DONE! Car seats are in the cars, bags are packed (full of cute outfits for you to sport in the nursery), and all of your toys and things are put together. Your Dad has had a lot of fun putting together swings, strollers, furniture, car seats, and toys. Let me just tell you, he is toast. You already have him wrapped around your little finger. He is just toast.....
Speaking of, your Papa and Gigi are toast too, but that is a given. Papa has been looking for lacy booties for you (I've had a hard time finding them). Gigi says that anyplace they go, he stops and looks at things for you. You will just adore them! Just wait until you get to have Christmas at Gigi's! We're ready to include you in our cookie baking days, decorating, and all the fun stuff we do for the holidays (this year, you'll probably just snooze through it, but next year, you'll have a BLAST)!

Bottom line kid, we're as ready as we're going to get. So, you have my permission and blessing to come whenever you want (hopefully sooner rather than later)! We can't wait to meet you!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I can't wait to see pictures of her sweet face!!! So happy for y'all!