Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hooding in the Hood

Joe and I took a little break to "get away" from it all back in mid May. My sweet friend, Dinah was graduating from Baylor with her Masters in Social Work, so we went to town to celebrate with her, spend a weekend away, and get to see old friends.

We drove to Waco on Friday and attended Dinah's hooding ceremony Friday afternoon. It was a nice ceremony where family and friends got to truly spend time celebrating with the graduates on their accomplishment. After the ceremony, we went and checked in to our B&B out in Lacy Lakeview of all places! It was really nice and our room had this tub that was a direct gift from God! OH MY! I could stretch out head to toe in this thing and practically swim in it. It was GLORIOUS. Joe and I "hit the town" on Friday night and went to dinner and shopped around town. Saturday we skipped the actualy graduation service and were able to enjoy a nice breakfast with some of the other guests at the B&B. We went over to Baylor and searched for Baylor onesies, had lunch at a new bakery in town, went to the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame (random), Spice, Sironia, and walked on campus before meeting our friends the Tetens for dinner at Cathay House. It was a great time to catch up with Kelly and Josh since the last time I saw Kel was at our wedding, and the time before that was when she had Patriot 3 years ago and we stopped in to see her. Kelly and Josh are expecting their second a few weeks after us. They are having a little girl too. We're hoping Baby Girl Tetens and Hadley can be Baylor roomies!

Sunday we went to church at my old church. I LOVE going back there to worship and fellowship. I have so many great memories of the people there, it just feels like home. After church, we finally got to meet up with Dinah to visit. It was great to get to hear her stories and her plans, but also such a poignant reminder of how much my life has changed. My world does not revolve around class schedules, text book prices, student life, and all of those wonderful/awful things any more. Life is more about work and bills. Sad but true. I would love to turn back time and tell myself to enjoy college more and be more patient with it, live it up...it was gone in the blink of an eye!

Waco changes every time I go, but it always feels a bit like coming home. It was a great weekend and we had a good time just being out and about together doing a lot of nothing.

No comments: