Thursday, June 17, 2010

28 Weeks

L'il Miss Hadley,

You have been growing like crazy the past couple of months! Since 21 weeks you:

-started tasting the foods I eat (21)
-have eyebrows, eyelashes, and hopefully hair on your head (22)
-started perceiving light and dark (22)
-developed a sense of touch and can feel pain (22)
-have some fat deposits to fill out your skin (23)
-your face has almost fully developed (24) (I had a dream and got to see your face, you did not have my nose! I'm hoping that is prophetic)
-been able to recognize my voice (24)
-formed capillaries and air sacs in your lungs (25)
-have open nostrils (25)
-developed your vocal chords (25)
-opened your eyes (26)
-gone from being measured "crown to rump" to "head to toe" (27)
-started to get in position for birth (28)
-started blinking, coughing, hiccuping, sucking, and taking practice breaths (28)
-your sleep cycle now includes REM sleep so you may even be dreaming (28)
-grown to a whopping (estimated) 2.5 pounds and 16 inches (28)

With all that growing, I would think you'd be exhausted. But, you are proving otherwise! You have started taking to a "party routine" sometime around 2am. You have several nights in a row where I wake up to you doing the Snoopy Dance. Then, for a few nights, you give me a reprieve (either that, or I'm so tired from the previous nights' parties that I sleep right through them)!
You also throw a dance party or two around lunch time. Each time I go up to your GiGi's office to let her see/feel your antics, you stop. I've even sat at her desk for half an hour waiting for you to move, and you won't. You'll quickly learn that all good things come from GiGi! She says she'll woo you with cookies like she does Tucker and Brinkley. I have no doubt that she will be your favorite in no time!

I am convinced that you are going to love to eat carbs, fruits, and veggies. I've eaten two (small) watermelons in the past two weeks and quite literally, I look like I swallowed one whole!

We started swimming 5 or 6 days a week. This is quite possibly my favorite time of the day. I CRAVE getting in the pool more than I crave foods! I can normally feel where you are and pick on you a little bit, but while I'm swimming, I can't find you. Beating gravity has been amazing!
Your Daddy and I are taking turns reading to you almost every night. So far, you seem most into Dr. Seuss. During last night's reading of Green Eggs and Ham, you were going crazy! I think that may be your favorite one so far.



The furniture for your room came in this week and Daddy got it put in your room. I sat on the floor and had him move the furniture 100 times to try it out different ways. I'm amazed that there are so many things a little person can need! Your room is a bit cramped, but when we get all the decor and special touches finished, we hope it feels more cozy and less cramped! We're getting very excited to meet you!

1 comment:

Natalie Powers said...

How exciting!!!! You are almost there. :) She is going to be so beautiful. :)