Monday, May 25, 2009

14 Layer Cake

If you look closely, some of the cakes have a fluted edge and some have a straight edge...this is why mine leaned more than I had hoped.

I found this great tool at Hobby Lobby that creates a pattern in the frosting as you drag it. It was $1.50 and worth EVERY penny and then some!




I had a hard time cutting the cake in small enough pieces for everyone. But, this is how the inside looked.



This morning at 7:00, I started working on this cake. It was done and the kitchen was cleaned up completely by 1:00 (and I cooked and baked other things at the same time). This cake was much more do-able than I would have figured. And, I'm sure next time I make it, the process will go more smoothly as I will know what to expect. My cake leaned a little bit because the store had two types of disposable pans that had different sides (it made a difference for sure).

So here is my yellow cake with choclate glaze filling/frosting topped off with a nice Chocolate Creme Buttercream frosting on the outside....Thank you Smith Family and Bakerella!












2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so impressed you made that cake! I'm scared to try it!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY for you on such an AWESOME cake!! I don't think I would have ever thought to try that.

~Aris