Saturday, October 25, 2008

Road Trip On A Whim







Last Wednesday, we decided it would be fun to spend the weekend in San Antonio. Joe had never been and I was dying to get out of Houston for a couple of days. We arranged for Brinkley to spend the weekend with my parents and left for San Antonio very early Saturday morning.
We spent the afternoon at the Alamo and walking around the Riverwalk and Mexican Market before having dinner at Casa Rio's before hitting the Quarry Market north of town. There were so many things about San Antonio that I had forgotten about. I love the culture and the feel of the place. There is something so wonderful about the big city conveniences and small town feel! I really miss it. Sunday morning we decided to head to the outlet malls in San Marcos. My heart almost pounded out of my chest...an Eddie Bauer, Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, West Elm, and Restoration Hardware all in one place! It was a great trip and we were really bummed to come back. It was a perfect weekend getaway combined with perfect weather. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments: